NICUS is the Neonatal Intensive Care Units' Data Collection which commenced in 1992.
The data are reported by calendar year for neonatal patients who are admitted to a NICU or Level 4 Special Care Nursery, and who meet the following registration criteria:
- Gestational age less than 32 weeks
- Birth weight less than or equal to 1,500 grams
- Mechanical ventilation for 4 hours or more
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) for 4 hours or more
- High Flow Oxygen for 4 hours or more
- Major surgery (opening of a body cavity)
- Insertion of a central venous line for 4 hours or more
- Intentional hypothermia
- Require Exchange Transfusion
The data are published in the NSW Mothers and Babies Report and can be viewed via the following link: NSW Mothers and Babies report published
We contribute to the Australian and New Zealand Neonatal Network (ANZNN) and these reports can be accessed via the ANZNN link.